What Ford’s Future Vehicle Lineup Could Look Like by 2030
Ford Motor Co. has promised an aggressive product rollout for the next few years in North America, and the Detroit Free Press has learned those plans could include several new and redesigned vehicles for Ford and Lincoln. The automaker has also told dealers it is committed to hybrid powertrains as hybrid sales have grown amid high gasoline prices.
According to a Ford dealer briefed on product plans at a dealer meeting in Las Vegas earlier this month and an industry expert who tracks program codes for future products, Ford could bring at least two new Ford vehicles and one all-new Lincoln to market by 2030. A program code is an automaker’s code to suppliers for a vehicle it is making.
Ford spokesman Dave Tovar declined to comment on the future vehicle plans, saying the automaker does not comment on speculation about future products.
Here are the vehicles sources say Ford intends to bring to market, with the understanding that products, prices and production locations could be canceled or changed if market conditions change:
A four-door Ford Mustang priced below $40,000.
A small Ford SUV to replace the Ford Escape, priced at about $25,000.
An all-new Lincoln SUV based on the Bronco design, priced at about $70,000 or slightly more.
Possibly five new all-electric vehicles, likely for Ford, on its Universal Electric Vehicle platform.
Ford’s Escape Replacement
Sam Fiorani, vice president of global vehicle forecasting at AutoForecast Solutions, tracks Ford’s program codes and said the automaker is planning a midsize crossover related to the Maverick pickup. It is expected to start production in Mexico in late 2028.
Fiorani said the vehicle is likely the replacement for the Ford Escape, a compact SUV, and will probably be sold in the same price range as the Escape and Bronco Sport. The 2026 Bronco Sport starts at $31,845, according to Ford’s website.
Ford discontinued the Escape in December. It, along with the Lincoln Corsair compact SUV, had been built at Ford’s Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky. Ford is retooling that plant to make an all-electric midsize pickup called Fathom on its new platform beginning early next year. The starting price of the 2025 Escape was $31,010, according to Kelley Blue Book.
But according to the dealer who saw renderings of the planned entry-level Ford SUV at the Las Vegas meeting, Ford will offer it with hybrid and gasoline powertrains starting at about $25,000 when it comes out in 2029. The dealer, who asked not to be named because they were not authorized to speak publicly, said Ford executives at the meeting assured dealers that the automaker is committed to hybrid powertrains. Automotive News first reported the presentation of the small SUV to dealers.
Through July, U.S. sales of hybrid-powertrain vehicles were up about 18% from the same period a year earlier, said Cox Automotive spokesman Mark Schirmer. Cox data showed gasoline-powered car sales down about 3%. Hybrids have accounted for about 20% of new-vehicle sales in recent months, up from less than 15% a year earlier, Schirmer said.
That growth reflects wider hybrid availability, especially among Asian automakers, and strong consumer interest, he said. The dealer quoted Ford executives as saying, “There’ll be a hybrid in every line.”
The dealer described the planned SUV as boxy and wide, similar to the Bronco Sport. Ford did not reveal its name or production location, but Fiorani’s data suggests it could be built in late 2028 at the Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico, alongside the Bronco Sport and Maverick.
A Four-Door Mustang
As the Detroit Free Press reported on Aug. 8, Ford leaders also told dealers in Las Vegas that the company expects to add a four-door gasoline-powered Mustang sedan by the end of the decade.
Ford revealed an image of the four-door Mustang and its plans. The dealer who saw it said the car resembles the current model but has four doors and a more sedan-like shape.
Ford told dealers the car would not go on sale until the end of the decade, though it was unclear whether it would be a 2028 or 2029 model. The dealer said Ford is considering the sedan to broaden the Mustang’s appeal and make it practical for a young family.
Ford did not indicate what type of engine the car would have. According to a Wall Street Journal report, two sources said it would have hybrid power, and one said it would be a hybrid V-8. The dealer said Ford plans to offer it for less than $40,000.
Ford currently offers the gasoline-powered Mustang in configurations ranging from a four-cylinder coupe that starts at about $33,000 to a high-end performance coupe topping $100,000. The ultra-high-performance Mustang GTD tops $300,000.
Ford’s Other Planned Vehicles
On Aug. 6, Ford revealed the name and price of its upcoming electric midsize pickup, Fathom. It is expected to come to market next year with a starting price of $29,945, including a $1,595 delivery fee.
Ford CEO Jim Farley announced the company’s Universal Electric Vehicle platform in 2025 and said the first vehicle would be a midsize pickup. Dealers were told the platform could eventually support five vehicles, including a possible electric SUV and sedan.
Ford also plans to bring a new SUV to the Lincoln lineup, possibly starting production in 2029 at Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan. The vehicle is expected to be priced below the Lincoln Navigator, which starts at around $90,000. It would compete with the Mercedes-Benz G-Class, which starts at about $153,900.
In the United States, Lincoln sells the midsize Nautilus and Aviator SUVs and the large Navigator SUV. Ford has said all Lincoln vehicles will get new designs, but it has not provided details about the next-generation Nautilus or Corsair.
Ford’s Aug. 13 media release said the 2027 Nautilus will receive a redesigned front end, hood, wheel options and exterior colors.
Jamie L. LaReau is the senior autos writer for USA TODAY Co. who covers Ford Motor Co. for the Detroit Free Press. This article originally appeared on Detroit Free Press. USA TODAY Network via Reuters Connect.